At Pik and Louie Saddlery we realize your saddle purchase is a big investment and know it is of the utmost importance to find a perfect fit for you and your equine partner(s). To encourage you to try before you buy - we offer a very customer friendly Trial Policy. We allow a 5 day, no questions asked, Trial Period for most saddles (see Item #3 for the new saddle exception). The policy begins after you have signed for the saddle.
We do not offer trials or returns on girths, bridles, stirrups, apparel and accessories - these items are final sale.
YOU WILL NEVER BE CHARGED A TRIAL FEE IF YOU END UP BUYING A SADDLE FROM US - SO TRY AS MANY AS YOU NEED TO FIND THE PERFECT ONE!!!!
1. TRIAL PERIOD: The Trial Period begins once the package has been received which is evidenced by signature. The Trial Period expires exactly 5 days thereafter (the "Trial Period"); unless an extension has been granted in writing. Customer must notify Pik and Louie Saddlery within the Trial Period if the saddle will be returned. Return shipping is the responsibility of the Buyer and must be completed (with receipt) prior to the expiration of the Trial Period. If we have not received notice during the Trial Period, the sale is deemed final - NO EXCEPTIONS!!!
2. EXTENSIONS: If a longer trial period is necessary, please contact us in writing prior to the expiration of the Trial Period. We will do our best to accommodate requests. Our goal is not to just sell you a saddle - it's to help you find the perfect saddle!
3. FEE: We charge a flat $75.00 fee for saddles returned from trial; meaning you will receive your entire payment less the $75 Trial Fee. Saddles priced at $4,899 and above will incur a $100 Trial Fee. There is no additional charge if you keep the saddle. We will waive trial fees if you end up buying a saddle from us prior to a refund being issued!
***ITEMS PURCHASED WITH SHOPPAY INSTALLMENTS (ARE NOT ELLIGIBLE FOR RETURN OR OUR TRIAL POLICY DUE TO 6% SELLER FEES!!!!**** This does not apply to standard credit card purchases, only installments.
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE WITH A SHOPPAY PURCHASE!
4. NEW SADDLE EXCEPTION: New, unused, saddles are not eligible for our standard Trial Period. If you need an exception to our trial on a new item, please contact us in advance of your purchase. Under our standard New Saddle Policy, we will allow the saddle to be fit to the horse, however, we do not generally allow new saddles to be ridden in due to rub marks and girth impressions. Once these items are used, they must be sold as "demo" and are no longer "new." If the saddle doesn't work, the saddle must be shipped back, within 48 hours of receipt. Please do not girth or ride in new saddles!!! We do not offer trials or returns on new girths, bridles, stirrups, apparel and accessories - these items are final sale.
5. USE: We trust you will treat our saddle with care and return in its original condition. If the saddle becomes damaged while in your possession, the saddle is no longer eligible for return. Damaged saddles returned to us will be sent back to customer at the customer's expense; the charge for your saddle will remain on your credit card. Damage is defined as scratches, abrasions, sweat marks or other visible changes in the appearance of the saddle while in customers possession (existing damage has been photographed and is not considered). Please contact us if an item has been accidentally damaged to discuss.
6. CARE: To protect from unnecessary damage please take care not to slide saddle onto wooden racks or run abrasive stirrup irons up on the saddle. If you will be riding extensively, please use a half pad to protect from sweat marks. There is no need to wrap your stirrups. Please always keep the cover on and store it in a climate controlled, secure area. We ask you not to clean the saddle during the Trial Period as some oils and cleaners may change the appearance of the leather.
7. DAMAGE: Damage during shipping is very uncommon. If you believe the saddle was damaged during shipping or doesn't arrive in the condition you expected, please contact us IMMEDIATELY with a photograph of the container as well as any undisclosed damage to the saddle. Failure to report damage at the time of arrival will result in customer being responsible for any changes in the physical appearance.
8. INTERNATIONAL SALES, HAWAII and ALASKA: International sales and sales to Alaska and Hawaii are final (not eligible for trial) due to cost and time involved in shipping.
We are so grateful to our customers for allowing us the privilege of helping through this process. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or if there is anything we can do to elevate your experience.
We allow a five day Trial Period with all purchases so the client can inspect, ride and evaluate the suitability of their purchase for their use. Saddles are sold AS-IS, without warranty or guarantee. At the expiration of your Trial Period, the sale is deemed final. It is the Customer's responsibility to have the saddle inspected and to ensure suitability of use and fit to the horse during the Trial Period. We are unable to accept returns after the expiration of the Trial Period.
WE HOPE WE CAN HELP YOU FIND THE PERFECT FIT!!!!